The 2nd annual Pup-a-Foo-Glee! (puppets, food and fun) will be a puppet-filled blast.
10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, May 18
- 10 a.m.: In the opera house: "Dragon Feathers," by Melikin Puppets, of Bolingbrook, Ill. -- myths, legends and the history of dragons, includes "Stan Bolovan and the Dragon," a Hungarian folk tale; "The Reluctant Dragon," by Kenneth Graham; and "Custard the Dragon," by Ogden Nash. The program will conclude with an authentic Chinese Dragon Dance with selected members of the audience participating and leading us outdoors to:
- 11 a.m.: Across the street:
Lunch by the Hazel Green Lions Club
Activities led by members of the Southwestern Student Council and Fever River Puppeteers board members, including puppet-making, painting and chalk drawing.
- 11:30 a.m.: At the Hazel Green UMC hall (barely a block south) -- theater games by Melissa McGuire.
- 1 p.m.: In the opera house: "Call of the Sea: A Mermaid's Tale," by Ginger Lozar Puppets, of Champaign, Ill.
- 2:30 p.m.: In the opera house: "Punch & Judy," a rollicking contemporary (and kind of PC) version of the age-old comedy, by the Fever River Puppeteers. In which Mr. Punch seeks affection from Judy, minds the baby, tricks Joey the clown and battles a Venus Flytrap as well as a crocodile.