We had wonderful attendance for our 5 Easter performances. Everyone seemed to have fun and we had lots of new visitors. Our final performance on the Saturday before Easter drew 69 people, which was practically a full house.
Next up: On Saturday, April 13, we will perform "River Critters" at the public library in Wild Rose, Wis., for a spring meeting of the Wisconsin Puppetry Guild.
We finally finished making awnings for the front doors. I thought it would be our New Year's Day project. Ha ha.
Also, with the help of our Fever River Puppeteers board members, we are finalizing plans for
Pup a Foo Glee! (Puppets, Food and Fun), our free event.
Here's what the schedule looks like so far:
- 10 a.m.: "Dragon Tales" by Melikin Puppets of Chicago. The finale is a large Chinese dragon which will parade around the building and (weather permitting) out the door!
- Outdoors and across the street: Concessions by the Hazel Green Lions Club and crafty activities and treats by the Southwestern H.S. Student Council.
- Also, possibly at the UMC Hall nearby or outside, theater games and puppet games
- 1 p.m.: "A Mermaid's Tale," by Lozar Puppets, Champaign, Ill.
- 2:30 p.m.: "Punch and Judy," by the Fever River Puppeteers
Don't forget: It's all free!!! (except for the food. Duh!)