Thursday, January 11, 2018

Happy 2018!


Note that I have updated the calendar at the side panel of the blog. Note also that events planned so far in advance must sometimes be changed. If things do change, I will note it in this blog and especially on two Facebook pages: FeverRiver Puppeteers and Hazel Green Opera House. The FeverRiver page also functions as my personal Facebook page, so you might have to endure pictures of my grandchildren and garden occasionally. The opera house page, being a secondary page, doesn't get updated often enough and sometimes Facebook shuts me out.

This winter, with our board, we will be planning some special activities to celebrate our 25th anniversary of puppetry! That is why I chose "The Magic Calendar" as our Labor Day production. It is a giant book/scenery show that cruses through a whole year and as such includes snippets from many of our shows. It is one of my favorites.

It is not included in the calendar, but I hope to produce "Scribble," our show about the magic of writing, again. I might submit it as a puppet festival entry. I would also love to host school groups at the opera house and have the kids create shoebox puppet theaters as part of the experience.

Since the holidays, we have been working on our summer library/festival offering, "The Bremen Town Musicians." Making the four animals -- donkey, dog, cat and rooster -- is a challenge, since they have to perch on top of each other.  There should be a photo to post soon and flyers to go out to area libraries.

I am also making more toy-size marionettes to sell and working on future scripts. These are good things to do on gloomy, icy, cold days. And it won't be long before we start to mount our spring show, "The Easter Bunny Story."

Blessings to you all in the new year and make plans to attend our shows this year. Please contact us with any questions.