Monday, September 5, 2011

Nature imitates art imitating nature



























We had our first monarch chrysalis in our puppet sculpture butterfly garden. I knew what it was because I'd Googled pictures of chrysalises in order to paint them into the scenery for "Sleeping Beauty," which had a butterfly theme.
The real chrysalis was the size of a thimble. The ones I painted would have created monster butterflies!
We checked our chrysalis for several days --- until the butterfly flew the coop.
What fun.
I'm writing this during a brief lull on Labor Day. We had lovely audiences for our "Rapunzel" shows and Chuck walked in the Benton parade again as the giant Witch Hazel. There's something to be said for tradition, he said. (That's how I rationalize my portion of cotton candy from the carnival in the park. Tradition!)

No comments: