Sunday, January 11, 2009

African Drummer Puppet


I've been planning this workshop for a long time. I've actually been saving oatmeal boxes for about 2 years (I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day!)

10 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Feb. 28 -- African Drummer Puppet Workshop

Fee: Freewill donation. Preregistration appreciated by calling 608-759-4425.

Participants will make a wooden spoon rod puppet. You'll decorate a large oatmeal box as a drum which also doubles as a container for the puppet. You'll be able to play with the puppet separately or attach him to the drum and help him tap out a beat.

We'll be painting and glueing. Dress accordingly.
Adult and older kid helpers are welcome.

1 comment:

Dave said...

What a great idea. I too eat oatmeal every day, and I have a bunch of empty containers. Do you have a set of puppet making instructions or pictures you could post or send to me?
dave